Stephanie Gantman Kaplan
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5381||f. +1.215.832.5381|
Stephanie Kaplan concentrates her practice in labor and employment litigation and corporate counseling. She advises and represents clients on a variety of matters, including:
- employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in federal and state courts, as well various administrative agencies
- employment policies and practices
- conducting proactive trainings on workplace conduct and audits of employment policies
- Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and medical leave issues
- employment and separation agreements
- labor arbitration
- reductions in force
- Fair Labor Standards Act classifications and related issues
- restrictive covenant violations, theft of trade secrets, and confidential information
Ms. Kaplan previously served as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She has also spoken at labor and employment law seminars and presentations, including at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on “A Behind the Scenes Look at Employment Litigation in Federal Court.”
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Kaplan is a child advocate who represents abused and neglected children in Philadelphia through the Support Center for Child Advocates. She was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2016, and received the 2014 Blank Rome Pro Bono Hero award for her work. Ms. Kaplan is also active in her local community, serving as a member of both the Anti-Defamation League and the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
- 2017, "Lawyers on the Fast Track," listed in The Legal Intelligencer
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.