Lauren E. O'Donnell
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5735||f. +1.215.832.5735|
Ms. O’Donnell regularly counsels clients in white collar criminal defense matters, internal investigations, and healthcare fraud and abuse. She also regularly handles products liability cases, defending companies that design and manufacture medical devices and pharmaceuticals, as well as chemical companies, in federal and state litigation.
Ms. O’Donnell serves on the Firm’s Recruiting and Retention Committee, and she co-chaired the Summer Associate Program in 2015.
- Representation of housing authority in internal investigation and eventual separation of the employment of several high-level employees.
- Representation of a wholesale distributor of cigarettes in federal forfeiture, state tax, and state criminal proceedings.
- Representation of a public entity in a federal environmental grand jury investigation.
- Representation of special committee of the board of directors for a major telecommunications company in conducting investigation relating to shareholder demand letter.
- Representation of registered investment adviser in enforcement action brought by Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Successful defense of breathalyzer manufacturer in putative class action lawsuit in which court granted our motion to dismiss at early stage of litigation.
- Successful defense of drug company in two personal injury cases in which court granted our motions to dismiss early in the litigation.
- Second-chaired two week trial defending doctor and hospital against claims of medical malpractice.
- Representation of pro bono clients in parole revocation matter, social security benefit appeal, and personal injury defense case.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. O’Donnell is a member of the White Collar Crime Steering Committee for the American Bar Association Philadelphia Young Lawyers’ Division.
She serves on the Board of Directors for the Center City Residents’ Association.
Ms. O’Donnell was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor in 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016.