Contemporary Maritime Issues: A Comparative Perspective
12th Annual Homeland Security Law Institute
September 27, 2017
Blank Rome Associate Sean T. Pribyl will speak on a panel at the American Bar Association’s 12th Annual Homeland Security Law Institute, being held Monday through Wednesday, September 25–27, 2017, at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Pribyl’s panel, “Contemporary Maritime Issues: A Comparative Perspective,” will be on Wednesday, September 27, from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. The other panelists will be:
- Moderator: Colonel Dawn M.K. Zoldi, Staff Judge Advocate, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- Emanuel Anton, Shareholder, Polsinelli, Denver, CO
- SQNLDR Joshua P. Liddy, AUS, Royal Australian Air Force Exchange Officer, Chief Coalition Law Division, Headquarters United States Air Force, Operations and International Law Directorate, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Fulvia Quagliotti, Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Politecio di Torino, Corso Duca delgi Abruzzi, Torino, Italy
- Commander Jeffrey Vajda, United States Coast Guard Liaison to the Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
The panel will explore current maritime security challenges, including the use of drones in the maritime environment, piracy, port security, and other topics relative to homeland security. They will also address operational, legal, and regulatory challenges as well as a vision for the future.
For more information or to register, please visit the event web page.