Hot Topics in Employment Discovery
Los Angeles County Bar Association (“LACBA”) Panel Program
Los Angeles, CA
April 22, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Blank Rome Associate Caroline Donelan will be participating in the Los Angeles County Bar Association (“LACBA”) “Hot Topics in Employment Discovery” panel program on Saturday, April 22, 2017, at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, CA. On-site registration and breakfast will take place from 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. and the panel program will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Two panels will explore the latest and frequently disputed topics in employment law cases. The first panel will cover social media from the plaintiff's and defense perspective—how to obtain it, how to shield it, and how to get it from third parties. A speaker from the NLRB will also speak on how the agency deals with social media under the Labor Management Relations Act. In the second panel, four practitioners and a judge will cover seven hot topics unique to employment law discovery, including “me too” evidence, medical/psych records, evidence from other proceedings, other employment records, “cat’s paw,” personnel records of third parties, and alleged bad actors, and investigatory reports.
Other panelists will be:
- Jonathan L. Brophy, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Ryan D. Derry, Paul Hastings LLP
- Kathleen M. Erskine, Cohen Williams Williams, LLP, Moderator
- Hon. Terry Green, Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Cory H. Hurwitz, Hurwitz, Orihuela & Hayes, LLP
- Joshua D. Milon, Milon Pluas, LLP
- Cindy Pánuco, Hadsell Stormer & Renick, LLP
- Thomas Rimbach, National Labor Relations Board
- Martin E. Sullivan, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, LLP, Moderator
For more information and advance registration details, please click here.