Where Bankruptcy and Derivatives Collide
New York City Bar Association
New York, NY
March 7, 2017
9:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
Blank Rome Partner Ira Herman will be a panelist at the New York City Bar CLE event, "Where Bankruptcy and Derivatives Collide," on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Mr. Herman's panel, "The Best Way Forward," will be held from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and will discuss the following:
- What is the public policy underlying the automatic stay, prohibition on fraudulent preferences and ipso facto clauses.
- What is the public policy underlying the derivatives safe harbors?
- Is it good public policy to keep the derivatives safe harbors as they are?
- Is there a role for bilateral or multilateral contractual arrangements modifying the automatic stay?
Other main topics of discussion at the event will include:
- The Bankruptcy Code and the Derivatives Safe Harbor
- Non-Legislative Initiatives to Modify the Derivatives Safe Harbors
To learn more or to register, please click here.