2012 Hot Button Issues in Labor and Employment Law: Practical Tips for the California Employer
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, 2025 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, California
March 21, 2012
Join Blank Rome for a breakfast briefing and a discussion of key issues which should be on your checklist for 2012. Topics will include:
New laws California employers need to think about as they head into 2012, including:
- Providing written wage notices to new employees under the Wage Theft Prevention Act of 2011
- Avoiding penalties for misclassification of independent contractors
- Acceptable uses of credit reports and background checks for employment purposes
- Maintaining insurance coverage for women on pregnancy disability leave
- Protecting gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information from discrimination
- Ensuring that commission contracts are in writing
- Arbitration agreements—current state of the law on the inclusion of class action waivers
- Social media update
- Howard Knee, Partner
- Michael Ludwig, Partner
- Colleen Carolan, Associate
- Mary Pierce, Associate
- Kathy PourSanae, Associate
This seminar has been approved in CA for 2 Continuing Legal Education credits.
Click here to register. Registration and continental breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m.
Contact Nikki Benner at 215.988.3072 or Benner@BlankRome.com for more information.