Blank Rome’s real estate attorneys work closely with our clients on all facets of complex development projects throughout the United States and in other countries across the globe.
We assist clients on the business aspects of design and construction agreements, and identify problems and develop creative solutions. We also navigate through contractor defaults and disputes, and help clients resolve claims. We bring to bear decades of experience and a multidimensional approach that addresses the critical concerns of owners, developers, tenants, and contractors, including:
- contract agreement development and negotiation
- construction financing
- performance/payment bonds
- New Markets Tax Credits
- environmental issues
- LEED certifications
- land use and zoning
- OCIP/CCIP insurance
- employment and labor issues
- dispute resolution and litigation
Our construction attorneys also devote a substantial part of their practice to construction and renovation projects for corporate clients who require large amounts of space to operate their business. As integral members of the project team, our attorneys work closely with our client’s facilities, design, construction, and legal personnel, as well as project managers and other consultants retained by our client. We contribute to the team effort at every stage of the project, from the preparation of requests for proposals to the drafting and negotiation of contracts, the enforcement of contractors’ obligations and resolution of claims, and completion and close-out of the project.
Our Awards & Recognition
- Ranked in Chambers USA in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, and recognized as a leading real estate practice offering a diversity of expertise ranging from transactional work to zoning and land use matters. Sources tell Chambers that Blank Rome:
- “Provides the highest quality legal advice in a business-oriented and cost-effective manner. A go-to team of excellent practitioners that is well known for its real estate expertise.”
- “They are accessible, available and effective, and they got the job done. They're experienced, smart and competent."
- investment banks
- office building owners
- shopping center owners
- commercial banks
- medical facilities
- office and retail tenants
- educational institutions
- cooperative corporations
- senior living facilities
- A regional hospital in connection with its construction of a hospital, cancer center, medical office building, and site improvements.
- A major development company in connection with the development, financing, and operation of a 31-story residential and commercial condominium tower, including 163 residential condominium units, as well as a state-of-the-art 350-seat theater, a 380 car parking facility, and street-level restaurant operations.
- An international investment bank in connection with the construction of its global headquarters.
- The real estate and related arrangements required by a major sports franchise to obtain economic assistance and other benefits from state and city governments and a regional port authority in the development and financing of a new $350 million football stadium and $30 million practice facility.
- An international investment bank in the development of a 1.6 million square foot office building and related improvements, including a pier and ferry terminal, underground garage, park, and site improvements.
- The developer of a power center for lease to national big-box retailers, in connection with all development aspects of the project, including preparation of reciprocal easement and related agreements.
- An international investment bank in connection with development projects in the United States, Asia, South America, and Central America.
- An art museum in connection with its relocation and construction of its new location.