Blank Rome is committed to helping life science companies succeed. Blank Rome’s life sciences team combines industry and legal experience in many sectors—medical device, healthcare services, health information technology, pharmaceutical, biotech, venture capital, and research institutions. Our team has an in-depth understanding of the unique business challenges and opportunities the life science industry offers.
We have modeled our team to respond to an industry with a burgeoning marketplace, international regulation, leading technology, and increased competition. Our success in representing clients in the industry covers:
- all corporate and transactional matters, large and small
- securities offerings, public and private
- complex lending transactions with the leading players in lending, leasing, and specialty finance
- identifying venture capital opportunities
- strong intellectual property protection and defense including technology transfer
- regulatory advice and compliance matters
- legislative monitoring, advocacy, and government relations
- representation of clients in any necessary litigation
Blank Rome's clients include drug and device manufacturers and distributors, pharmaceutical ingredient producers and importers, biotechnology innovators, academic medical centers, research institutions and laboratories, hospitals and health systems, physician practice groups, and financing companies.
Experienced Attorneys, Recognized in Their Fields
One measure of the depth of our experience is the recognition our team receives. Chambers USA ranks several members of the life sciences team as leaders in their fields. Our attorneys also have significant government experience related to compliance, enforcement, and reimbursement issues, representing federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health (“NIH”), the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), the Department of Justice (“DOJ”), and the Office of the Inspector General (“OIG”).