Blank Rome’s employment, benefits and labor attorneys represent management in all phases of labor management relations. We routinely counsel employers across a wide range of industries on preventative employment law strategies and the development of positive employment relations policies.
What We Do
- Advise clients with respect to employment policies and practices that minimize the likelihood of employees seeking third-party representation. We provide guidance and legal counsel to employers who are faced with union organizing efforts and have successfully guided hundreds of employers through these issues. We represent employers before the National Labor Relations Board and state labor boards when confronted with organizing issues.
- For organized employers we provide advice and counseling and act as the chief spokesperson for collective bargaining. Our attorneys have negotiated collective bargaining agreements for companies in all industries across the country. We have negotiated contracts covering as few as two workers and those covering more than 10,000. In many cases these collective bargaining agreements include complex health and welfare and benefit issues and we utilize the members of the practice group who focus on employee benefits law for assistance in this area.
- Defend our clients in unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and state labor boards. We also represent clients in injunction matters involving labor disputes, enjoining mass picketing and preparing for work stoppages.
- We counsel clients regarding the interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and represent our clients in arbitration hearings involving contract interpretation, employee discharge, and/or suspension cases.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- Our practice is distinguished by the breadth and depth of experience of our lawyers and by our focus on understanding our client’s business.
- Our lawyers view themselves as business partners and work to understand the operational needs of our clients so that we can negotiate effectively on their behalf.
- We strive for efficiency in all that we do in order to hold down costs of our engagement for our clients.
- Won NLRB election at major bakery.
- Defeated multiple union organizing drives for international cable manufacturer.
- Negotiated statewide contracts covering thousands of employees for a state government.
- Successfully advised purchaser in major oil refinery acquisition to avoid successor union liability.