Blank Rome’s employment attorneys are frequently retained by companies, boards of directors, and audit and other specialized committees, to conduct internal investigations on a wide variety of topics to assess and/or defend potential claims. Where necessary, our team works closely with attorneys from other practice groups, such as the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice Group, to provide specific experience and solutions to our clients.
What We Do
- Advise company leadership and special committees during government audits and/or regulatory investigations.
- Conduct investigations into sexual harassment complaints by employees against executives and managers.
- Conduct investigations into complaints of hostile work environments, including those related to corporate culture, glass ceilings for women, racial barriers, and similar claims.
- Conduct internal company investigations in response to allegations of possible wrongdoing.
- Help navigate the complexities of communications and strategic advice for claims relating to boards of directors, senior executives, and high level managers.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- We understand the implications of sensitive investigations for our clients businesses and reputations.
- We act quickly and decisively to identify issues, assess problems, and find solutions.
- We are able to draw on the resources of the Firm, including high level strategic communications and public relations advice through our affiliate, Blank Rome Government Relations LLC, to help our clients minimize risk.
- Investigation on behalf of special committee of board of large public company into allegations of securities law violations related to a material event.
- Investigation for a public company into allegations of systematic race discrimination by senior executives in a major business unit brought by employees and NAACP.
- Investigation for audit committee of global company into allegations of fraud and abuse by company employees.
- Investigation for private company into allegations of retaliation by a female employee who had reported wrongdoing and sexual harassment by co-workers towards her and other female employees.