Blank Rome’s employment, benefits and labor attorneys provide proactive advice to corporate clients on a variety of employment practices matters, including executive agreements, protection of corporate assets, compliance, best practices, HR consulting, preventive programs, and legal changes impacting employers in today’s challenging business environment. Recognizing that our clients are best served by avoiding litigation, we are dedicated to helping clients to identify, analyze, and avoid risk through strategic advice, practical counseling, and effective policy implementation.
What We Do
- Advise employers to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations across the United States.
- Provide advice and guidance to employers to assist in the development and implementation of employment policies and practices. We have partnered with many clients to audit their workplace practices and to develop state of the art policies. We are frequently asked to provide an assessment of litigation risk and vulnerability.
- Act as a resource on a frequent, sometimes daily basis, for many clients, helping them solve employee issues, grievances, problems and complaints as they arise. Because we know our clients well and understand their businesses, we are adept at helping them navigate difficult circumstances to avoid and/or minimize risk.
- Develop highly regarded interactive training programs to educate management and to help our clients avoid the pitfalls of myriad legal obligations.
Specific Areas of Experience Include:
- Wage and hour audits and compliance measures
- Affirmative action plans
- U.S. and global mergers and acquisitions
- Human resources policy implementation, training and advice
- Protection of corporate assets
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
- Exit strategies and severance agreements
- Electronic workplace and social media compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley, whistleblower protections and retaliation
- Leaves of absence/disability issues
- Strategic workforce planning
- Anti-discrimination guidance
- Healthcare reform
- Employment audits and impact analyses
What Makes Our Practice Different
- Experienced legal advice combined with thoughtful and efficient business approach.
- Dedicated client service teams to grow with business, understand industry and provide best practices for the future.
- Developed and implemented a nationwide compliance program for a Fortune 500 company. The representation included review of all employment policies and practices, development and administration of multiple single-site affirmative action plans, management compliance training, I-9 auditing, and development of corporate code of ethics.
- Developed and implemented all U.S. and related international HR policies for a multinational company, including the development of interactive management training programs for compliance purposes.
- Day-to-day counseling with respect to all employment matters for public and private companies.
- Developed employment policies, employment handbook, and international code of ethics for multinational company.
- Designed and conducted national compliance training programs to minimize litigation.
- Provided best practices training to policyholders of employment practices liability carrier.
- Developed nationwide affirmative action programs for national multi-plant cable and conduit manufacturer.
- Audited wage and hour and I-9 employment practices for a national distributor and implemented best practice compliance program.