Tara Jones Willecke
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5114||f. +1.917.332.3843|
Tara has more than 13 years of experience representing clients in Matrimonial and Family Law Matters and obtaining favorable results for her clients through negotiated settlements or litigation. Tara practices in New York and New Jersey and has represented many high net worth clients in matrimonial matters which involved equitable distribution of multi-million dollar marital estates.
Tara's focus is always to attain the best overall result for her clients. She is a skilled negotiator and attempts, wherever possible, to attain the client’s goals through a negotiated settlement. But, when it is in her client’s interests or when the client’s objectives cannot be obtained through settlement, Tara zealously advocates for her clients in the litigation context.
Tara is a graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law and earn
Tara has advised clients in the following areas of matrimonial and family law:
- Negotiation of prenuptial agreements
- Negotiation of postnuptial agreements
- Negotiation of separation agreements and/or stipulations of settlement
- Divorce settlement negotiations, mediations and/or litigations
- Child custody and access issues
- Disputes regarding the appropriate jurisdiction to hear child custody issues under the UCCJEA
- Child support and spousal support/ alimony
- Equitable Distribution issues including complex asset valuation issues
- Post-judgment change of custody litigations
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Tara is a member of the Family Law Section of New York State Bar Association and has done pro bono work for Sanctuary for Families, a domestic violence organization in New York City. She is also a member of Barry Croland Family Law American Inn Of Court Northern New Jersey Chapter, a member of the AAUW, and supporter of FamilyKind a charitable organization that provides services to families without the financial means to navigate the divorce process. She also handles pro bono matters for families involved in matters with our education system, including representing families in connection with bullying investigations done by New Jersey schools and asserting claims on behalf of the families against school districts. Tara also represents sexual assault victims pro bono and obtains restraining orders on their behalf in court in New York and New Jersey.