Michael J. Feinman
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5541||f. +1.917.332.3754|
Michael Feinman has a diverse real estate practice, with particular experience in the area of financing, where he represents lenders, borrowers and investors. Mr. Feinman’s clients include financial institutions, private equity funds and individual entrepreneurs in a broad range of sophisticated transactions, including
- securitized and portfolio mortgage lending
- acquisitions and sales, including equity joint ventures
- leasing and lease-based financing
- workouts and distressed debt sales and acquisitions
- construction and permanent financing
Mr. Feinman has written articles published in the New York Law Journal, Real Estate Finance Journal, National Law Journal, Mortgage and Real Estate Executives Report, and the National Real Estate Investor.
Mr. Feinman is a frequent panelist on topics of interest to the real estate community.
Active throughout his career in pro bono matters, Mr. Feinman was presented with the Lawyers Alliance for New York Award for Pro Bono Leadership in 2007.
- Large Italian bank in a syndicated $500 million construction loan for construction of a 56-story luxury condominium hotel and apartment tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown Manhattan.
- Bank syndicate in the foreclosure, completion of construction and delivery to an institutional takeout investor of a 222-room Manhattan boutique hotel
- Joint venture among two New York-based developers and a Pennsylvania-based publicly traded home builder, for acquisition, financing and construction of a waterfront high rise development in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.
- Joint venture between a New York City-controlled development agency and a New York State-controlled non-profit company in a long term lease of 486,000 square feet in a landmark Brooklyn waterfront property being refit for biotechnology use.
Joint venture between a prominent Manhattan-based investor and a private equity fund in the acquisition at a discount a mezzanine loan relating to an office complex in Stamford, Connecticut. The property
- Developer in a 272-unit, $100 million condominium project in Las Vegas, Nevada, including acquisition, joint venture formation, and construction and mezzanine financing, and workout.
- Investment bank loan originator in a $79 million securitized mortgage loan, to finance construction of a 277,700 rentable square foot office building and parking garage in Norwalk, Connecticut, net leased upon completion to the United States headquarters of a London-based premium liquor distributor.
- Publicly-traded entertainment company in the development and financing of a first-run Broadway musical theater in the Times Square area of Manhattan, including negotiation of a long term lease and real estate and development incentive and use arrangements with New York City and New York State development agencies.