|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5322||f. +1.917.332.3804|
VICE CHAIR, REAL ESTATE PRACTICE GROUP
Samantha Wallack concentrates her practice in the area of real estate. Ms. Wallack counsels a diverse clientele, including developers, private equity funds, insurance companies, realty advisers, and private REITs, with respect to:
- sales and acquisitions
- joint venture agreements
Ms. Wallack graduated from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, where she was the Notes Editor for the Women’s Law Journal. Ms. Wallack was also a student contributor for the Real Estate Reporter and a member of Advocates for Battered Women. Ms. Wallack was a recipient of the First Place Kukin Negotiation Competition and the H. Bert & Ruth Mack Scholarship.
- Real estate investment and management services company in the sale of its 85% interest in a publicly-traded REIT. The retail portfolio had an approximate value of $835 million and consisted of 21 shopping center properties located in seven states.
- Public company in the sale of a shopping mall located in Massachusetts as well as the related lease terminations and redevelopment.
- Real estate investment and management services company in the $103.7 million sale of Westbury Plaza located in New York. This deal was recognized by Real Estate Alert as the fourth largest single-property retail deal in the country in 2009.
- Real estate investment company in the purchase of a Note, the release of the accompanying liens and a joint venture agreement with the company’s operating partner.
- Real estate investment company in the purchase of a multifamily portfolio located throughout the United States.
- Tenancy-in-common in the sale of their interest in a famous New York City office building.
- Leading real estate investment company in the purchase of its partner's interest in an office portfolio.
- A leading real estate investment company in the lease of retail space at a power center to a national retail tenant.