Robert P. Wessely
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5048||f. +1.917.332.3091|
Robert Wessely focuses his practice on international and domestic corporate transactions, including strategic and structural advice regarding mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, venture capital, financing, restructuring, and licensing transactions. He regularly advises senior executives on their employment and compensation packages, and has substantial real estate experience, particularly for foreign investors. He also has experience in media and entertainment and related corporate and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Wessely’s practice extends to a variety of industries, ranging from financial institutions, offshore funds, and investment vehicles, to air transport, software licensing and distribution, specialized manufacturing, media (radio, publishing, and film), architecture and construction law, as well as oil and gas.
He previously served at the U.S. Department of State with the National Security Council Interagency Task Force on the Law of the Sea.
Mr. Wessely is a registered foreign lawyer in the United Kingdom, and is fluent in German.
- Advising European, Latin American, and Asian companies on acquisitions and divestitures of their American businesses.
- Representing European funds in restructuring their American and offshore investments.
- Structuring multimillion dollar offshore funds in the Middle East, Asia, and tax-advantaged jurisdictions.
- Completing the multimillion dollar acquisition of a working tin mine, together with exploration rights to gold and other precious metal mines in Mongolia, on behalf of a consortium of investors from Britain, Switzerland, Mongolia, and the United States.
- Representing a fractional ownership airline in joint ventures, commercial contracts, and regulatory matters in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Restructuring a multinational logistics enterprise.
- Representing a European consortium in a significant New York real estate development.
- Representing the German public company EM.TV in the acquisition, restructuring, and sale of the assets of the Jim Henson Company.
- Representing German and Israeli technology companies in U.S. acquisitions, joint ventures, and financings.
- Representing an American technology company in multiple European financings.
- Representing military contractors (including aircraft parts manufactures) in acquisitions and divestitures.
- Advising a German/American automobile manufacturing joint venture.
- Advising a British author on intellectual property rights relating to his novels and screenplays.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Wessely currently serves as president of The American Austrian Foundation. He is also director of The David Howard Foundation.
- AV Preeminent®, listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.