|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5205||f. +1.917.332.3072|
Andrew Woodman concentrates his practice in the area of business tax law. He counsels public and private corporations, partnerships, and individuals in a broad array of tax matters including:
- domestic and international tax matters;
- securitization tax matters;
- state and local tax matters;
- tax-efficient structuring of domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, spin-offs, redemptions, and liquidations; and
- formation, operation, and acquisition of Subchapter S Corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
During law school, Mr. Woodman served as a managing editor for symposia for the Albany Government Law Review, as well as a state a local tax intern for General Electric Co., and a legal intern for the Albany Law School Low Income Taxpayer Clinic and the Honorable Robert E. Littlefield of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Woodman serves on the board of directors for New York Professional Advisors for Community Entrepreneurs (“NY PACE”), providing free legal advice to minority owned small businesses. He also serves as a 20th Anniversary Committee member for Legal Information for Families Today (“LIFT”).