Lisa M. Campisi
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5378||f. +1.212.658.9926|
Lisa M. Campisi has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance coverage industry, and focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation, transactions, and counseling. She also has extensive experience in all insurance-related areas in the representation of policyholders.
Ms. Campisi counsels clients on a variety of types of insurance coverage, including general liability, representations and warranty coverage, cyber-liability, directors and officers insurance (“D&O”), employment practices liability (“EPL”), fiduciary liability, errors and omissions (“E&O”), professional liability, environmental, fidelity, fiduciary, crime, as well as other insurance coverages. Her practice also includes providing insurance consulting and advice on underwriting, claims handling, and other risk management issues.
Ms. Campisi’s extensive experience applies to both domestic and foreign markets. She has wide-ranging experience in providing insurance diligence, consultation, and advice in connection with various mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings, as well as in the placement and negotiation of transactional-related coverage. She has been retained as an insurance expert, adviser, and consultant for a broad array of clients, including private equity firms and their portfolio companies, hedge funds, Fortune 100 companies, and financial services firms (including broker dealers).
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Ms. Campisi worked in the litigation departments of various Am Law 100 corporate law firms, where her practice focused on insurance coverage litigation. She also worked in the litigation department of a Connecticut law firm, where she litigated general commercial matters for individual and corporate clients.
- Lead attorney in prosecuting coverage claims for coverage for separate multimillion dollar settlements on behalf of a large international investment bank client under a run-off professional services/management liability policy. Briefed, argued, and obtained a summary judgment declaring coverage for a $35 million settlement.
- Lead attorney in a complex, multi-insurer environmental insurance coverage case pending in state court seeking coverage for environmental liabilities in excess of $50 million on behalf of a multinational manufacturer of specialty steel products. Upon seeking summary judgment under a specialty pollution legal liability policy, successfully negotiated a settlement with the insurer on terms favorable to the client, and ultimately negotiated and successfully reached settlements on terms favorable to the client with all the remaining insurers. Briefed, argued, and defeated the insurer’s various jurisdictional and forum-related motions in trial court and through all levels of appeals.
- Lead attorney on behalf of a major multinational manufacturer of heating and air conditioning equipment in a complex, multijurisdictional insurance and indemnity dispute between the client, its former division, and the client’s historic general liability insurers relating to coverage for the client’s historic asbestos liabilities, indemnity claims asserted by the client’s former division for the division’s asbestos liabilities, and the insurer’s retrospective premium obligation claims. Briefed, argued, and defeated the insurer’s and former division’s multiple summary judgment motions.
Select recent representative insurance counseling/transactional matters include:
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of a rep and warranty policy in connection with a client’s strategic acquisition valued at $310 million of the entire share capital of a provider of truckload carriage and logistics services.
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of a rep and warranty policy in connection with a private investment firm’s acquisition of the designer and builder of customized material handling systems, storage retrieval systems, and automated conveyance solutions for customers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of a buy-side rep and warranty policy, and provided insurance diligence counseling and advice relating to the adequacy and responsiveness of the target’s existing liability insurance in connection with a private equity client’s $300 million acquisition of one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of polyurethane spray foam insulation with operations in Canada and the United States.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Campisi is a member of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee.
2017, listed in Legal 500
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.