|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5164||f. +1.917.332.3085|
James Ricchiuti concentrates his practice in the area of commercial finance with a focus on asset based and cash flow financing, syndicated loans and participations, acquisition financing, aircraft, and lease financing. He primarily represents national and regional banks, commercial finance companies, equity sponsors, and other institutional lenders. He counsels clients on structuring secured lending transactions, settlements, loan restructures, and workouts, as well as acquisitions and due diligence.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Ricchiuti served as Vice President and Chief Legal Counsel for Entrepreneur Growth Capital LLC and Credit Cash, LLC where he provided all aspects of legal counsel and documentation for independently owned commercial finance companies.
Prior to that role, he was Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, and Assistant Secretary for FINOVA Capital Corporation where he supported various lines of business, including commercial finance, equipment finance, franchise finance, and business credit.
Prior to that role, he was Counsel for Heller Financial, Inc. where he supported the trade finance, factoring, and business credit lines of business.
- Agent and bank syndicate in connection with a $95 million working capital revolving credit facility
- Agent and bank syndicate in connection with a private equity sponsored acquisition and $65 million revolving credit facility and term loan
- Independent commercial finance company and Agent in connection with a $27 million revolving credit facility to an alternative commercial finance company
- Institutional borrower in connection with a $30 million syndicated revolving loan facility
- National bank in connection with the purchase and lease of a $52 million Bombardier Global 6000 corporate aircraft to a publicly traded company
- National bank in connection with the purchase and lease of a $50 million Gulfstream G550 corporate aircraft to a publicly traded company
- Legal due diligence for national leasing and finance company on the acquisition of a vendor portfolio
- Regional leasing and finance company in connection with a vendor program agreement
- Primary in-house counsel on the sale of a $22 million lease and loan portfolio to a national commercial finance company
- Primary in-house counsel on the sale of a $48 million franchise finance loan portfolio to a national commercial finance company
- Primary in-house counsel on the sale of a $12 million factoring and asset based portfolio
- In-house legal representative and member of management team on a $250 million sale of client’s trade finance division to a competitor
- Primary in-house counsel managing a $30 million loan exposure to a bankrupt national restaurant chain
- Primary in-house counsel managing the restructure of a $20 million senior credit facility to a regional franchisee
- Member of in-house legal team on the acquisition of a national commercial finance company with $600 million in loan commitments
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Ricchiuti is actively involved in fundraising activities as a member of the YMCA of Greater New York’s Annual Campaign Leadership Council.