Krishana L. Pleasant
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5578||f. +1.917.332.3078|
Krishana Pleasant advises clients in connection with a wide range of commercial real estate transactions including affordable housing finance, and has extensive experience documenting and negotiating transactions involving subsidies administered by state and local housing agencies.
Ms. Pleasant represents lenders in the origination of loans to finance market rate and affordable multifamily properties for securitization and sale in the secondary market through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs.
- Representation of institutional lender in the credit enhancement of $22.6 million bond financing by HFA to finance the acquisition and renovation of 200-unit multifamily residential housing project in New York.
- Representation of investor in $80 million syndicated equity investment in portfolio of multifamily affordable housing projects, which qualified for tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representation of community bank in direct debt financing of $4.9 million first mortgage loan and $13.7 million unsecured line of credit to refinance 277-unit cooperative apartment building in New York.
- Representation of institutional lender in the direct debt financing of $13.8 million construction loan with respect to the acquisition and construction of 157,000 square foot fast food distribution facility in Ohio.
- Representation of HUD-approved mortgage company in the origination of $16.7 million FHA-insured mortgage loan to refinance 130-bed assisted living facility in Pennsylvania; the mortgage loan was backed by Ginnie Mae securities.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Pleasant serves on the Board of Directors of New Destiny Housing Corporation, an organization that addresses the permanent housing needs of low-income domestic violence survivors by developing secure, affordable housing and providing supportive on-site services.