Kate B. Belmont
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5075||f. +1.917.332.3841|
Kate Belmont concentrates her practice in the areas of admiralty and maritime law, commercial litigation, and arbitration. Ms. Belmont represents clients in a wide variety of both domestic and international maritime and commercial matters, including:
- maritime casualties, including ship collisions, sinkings, groundings, explosions, and fires
- charterparty disputes, including laytime/demurrage, liability for cargo damage claims and arbitrations under SMA rules
- maritime limitation of liability actions and vessel arrests
- COGSA and multi-modal cargo damage claims
- marine insurance coverage disputes
- maritime cybersecurity
- general international and domestic commercial litigation
Ms. Belmont is a member of the Maritime Law Association Cybersecurity Committee. While in law school, Ms. Belmont was the editor-in-chief of the Fordham Environmental Law Review. Ms. Belmont was also the recipient of The Emmet J. McCormack Foundation Prize for excellence in Admiralty Law, The Robert Schuman Prize for excellence in European Union Law, and the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, magna cum laude. While an undergraduate at Columbia University, Ms. Belmont was the recipient of the Carolyn E. Agger Scholarship for Women Interested in Law.
- 2015 "Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Trailblazer" by The National Law Journal
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.