|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5369||f. +1.917.332.3846|
Eric Simonson has more than 25 years of experience representing clients, from small privately held companies to large public companies, as well as financial investors and investment banking firms, in the following areas:
- mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- securities matters
- corporate finance
- technology transactions
- general business matters
- corporate law
- internal corporate investigations and corporate governance
- capital raising activities, including early stage venture capital financings and complex commercial arrangements
Mr. Simonson has extensive experience in leveraged buyouts, “going private” transactions, partnerships, corporate restructurings, and the acquisition of troubled companies and distressed assets.
He regularly counsels corporations and boards of directors in takeover defenses and acquisition strategies, including friendly and hostile acquisitions of public companies, proxy contests, tender offers, mixed consideration mergers, and the acquisition of closely held and family-owned businesses.
Mr. Simonson represents both issuers and underwriters on public offerings of debt and equity securities, 144A placements and numerous off-shore offerings complying with Regulation S.
He has represented clients in a range of industries, including technology, telecommunications, software, hardware, biotechnology and medical technology, media, chemicals, consumer products, food and nutritional products, luxury goods and services, healthcare providers and industrial products.
Mr. Simonson frequently lectures and publishes articles on M&A, joint ventures, distressed investing, private equity, technology, and corporate governance, among other topics.
Chambers USA recognizes Mr. Simonson as a leading corporate / commercial attorney and note he "is well though of for his knowledge of public and private securities, capital markets, complex international acquisitions and LBOs."
While in law school, Mr. Simonson was a member of The University of Chicago Law Review. He also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Frank H. Easterbrook, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Represented principal parties in more than 140 successfully completed M&A transactions, as well as numerous complex financings, reorganizations, debt restructurings, joint ventures, strategic investments, international transactions and venture capital investments.
- Represented a number of Chinese and other East Asian companies in their efforts to access U.S. capital markets and comply with U.S. securities laws.