|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5549||f. +1.917.332.3780|
Michael Kim concentrates his practice in cash flow and asset-based lending, mezzanine financing, asset securitization, equipment leasing and financing, vessel and railcar financing, and corporate trust matters. He represents institutional lenders, originators of financial assets, investment banks, trustees and investors in the securitization of auto loans, equipment leases, health care receivables and maritime containers. He is also involved in private and government financing projects.
While attending law school, Mr. Kim was an associate editor of the Fordham Law Review.
- A group of multi-strategy investment funds as “first out” lenders in a $285 million unitranche DIP financing facility in the RadioShack Chapter 11 case and related litigation.
- Agent and Lender group in $360 million vessel construction and acquisition financing.
- Agent and Lender group in a $105 million revolving and term loan A and B credit facilities.
- Agent and Lender group in a $102 million revolving, term loan and subordinated loan facilities.
- U.S. equipment lease financing company in a $120 million term securitization of lease receivables.
- Lender syndicate group in a $400 million container vessel term securitization, secured by mortgages, pledges of stock and assignments of charter accounts receivables.
- Collateral agent and corporate trustee in an amendment of a $1.5 billion credit facility.
- German seller of wind turbine receivables in a $700 million financing provided by multiple purchasers.
- Hedge fund investor in liquidation of collateral in various collateralized debt obligation (CDO) transactions.
- Healthcare financing company in a $100 million warehouse facility.