Emma C. Jones
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.2285||f. +1.202.379.9221|
Emma Jones is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
Emma Jones concentrates her practice in the areas of international and maritime litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Jones represents clients in a wide variety of both domestic and international maritime, commercial, and insurance matters, including:
- maritime casualties, including ship collisions, allisions, explosions, and fires
- charterparty disputes, including laytime/demurrage, liability for cargo damage claims, and arbitration under SMA rules
- maritime limitation of liability actions and vessel arrests
- COGSA and multi-modal cargo damage claims
- marine insurance disputes, including protection and indemnity and general commercial liability issues
- international and domestic commercial contract disputes
While earning her Juris Doctor, Ms. Jones was an associate editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights and a member of the Northwestern University School of Law Vis Moot arbitration team. Prior to law school, Ms. Jones worked at an international shipping company.
Practicing under the supervision of principals of the firm admitted in DC. Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York only.