Michael S. Mullman
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5517||f. +1.212.885.5001|
Michael Mullman concentrates his practice on corporate, business, and commercial transactions of all types, primarily in the middle market. He has an extensive background in dealing with highly sensitive personal, business, and legal issues, representing clients in association with:
- mergers and acquisitions (in and out of bankruptcy)
- shareholder disputes
- joint ventures and investment transactions
- privately held and family-owned businesses
- professional organizations (lawyers, doctors, architects, veterinarians, accountants)
- venture capital
- furniture and apparel industries
- capital formation
- corporate governance
Mr. Mullman is the former administrative partner of Blank Rome's New York office.
Mr. Mullman was a panelist on the June 2008 program "Responding to Allegations of Corporate Misconduct."
He has authored articles, including "Pre-Nups for Small Business: Plan Your Exit Before You Open the Door," Opportunity World, February 2000 and co-authored, “Law Firm Recruiting: There's No Time Like the Summer!,”
- Regular outside counsel to one of the largest full service production and scenic fabrication companies serving the professional entertainment community.
- Defense of a NASDAQ listed manufacturing company in threatened proxy contest.
- Commercial contract furniture dealer in its sale to a national company as part of a "roll up" transaction.
- Apparel company in the acquisition of numerous licensed business in the apparel industry.
- Leading paper manufacturer and distributor in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Local telecommunications exchange services provider in its sale to a national telecommunications reseller.
- Sale of nationally recognized investigatory company.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Mullman is actively involved with the Lincoln Center Business Council and currently serves as its chairman.
- AV Preeminent, listed by Martindale-Hubbell
- “The Best Lawyers in New York,” listed by New York Magazine
- 2013–2018, Mergers and Acquisitions Law in New York, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2009–2017, New York “Super Lawyer” in Mergers & Acquisitions, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.