Harris N. Cogan
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5566||f. +1.917.332.3712|
CHAIR, CORPORATE LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Harris (“Hirsh”) Cogan chairs Blank Rome’s Corporate Litigation Practice Group, which has over 50 attorneys in the firm’s various offices.
Mr. Cogan is an experienced trial lawyer representing clients in federal and state court proceedings, appeals, arbitrations and mediations throughout the United States.
He has extensive experience advising clients in the following areas:
- securities litigation
- corporate, shareholder, and partnership disputes
- class actions and derivative actions
- real estate litigation
- employment—discrimination, wrongful termination, confidentiality, non-compete agreements
- trademark license issues
- alternative dispute resolution
Mr. Cogan is the author of a chapter in the well-recognized treatise, Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (4th Edition 2015).
- Publicly traded real estate investment trust in litigation involving a $1 billion merger.
- Publicly traded defense contractor in class-action securities litigation.
- Former outside director of international public corporation in shareholder litigation.
- Real estate entity in challenge to a $1.3 billion sale.
- Venture capital funds in dispute concerning capital structure of technology company.
- Financial institution in defaulted commercial real estate loans.
- Financial institution in foreclosure of loans for construction of hotel in New York City.
- Publicly traded company in dispute over a joint venture relationship.
- National food manufacturer and distributor in dispute over corporate ownership.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Cogan has served as a mediator for the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County. He served as a Vice President and Director of the Board of Jewish Education of Greater New York, and is a past President of the Young Israel of Scarsdale.
2007–2017, listed in New York Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.