Ryan E. Cronin
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5204||f. +1.917.332.3726|
Ryan Cronin concentrates his practice on commercial and corporate litigation, representing clients in matters involving:
- complex contract disputes
- breach of fiduciary duty claims
- real estate disputes
- fraud claims
- bankruptcy disputes
- trusts and estates disputes
Mr. Cronin was a candidate for the New York State Senate in two closely contested general election campaigns against a longtime incumbent. During his campaign in 2016, Mr. Cronin was endorsed by President Obama, among other prominent political leaders, and his race was named by the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee as one of the 45 “Essential Races” out of nearly 6,000 state legislative races in the country. Mr. Cronin was also endorsed by the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and numerous other organizations.
Mr. Cronin’s note, Bureaucrats vs. Physicians: Have Doctors Been Stripped of Their Power to Determine the Proper Use of Human Growth Hormone in Treating Adult Disease?, was published in the Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, where he also served as associate editor while earning his J.D. from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. He received his B.A. from Loyola University in Maryland where he majored in political science with a minor in economics.
- Defended a major manufacturer and distributor of vitamins and supplements, as well as five of its employees, in suits brought by a competitor for an alleged breach of restrictive covenants, misappropriation of confidential information, and unfair competition.
- Defended numerous clawback defendants victimized by Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, and represented multiple entities invested indirectly in Madoff’s scheme through feeder funds or other investment vehicles.
- Successfully represented a provider of real estate debt and equity advisory services in an action to recover millions of dollars in brokerage fees related to the financing of major New York City real estate projects.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a major financial institution in an action to recover over $10 million in distressed loans, which were obtained by the borrower using fraudulent financial statements.
- Represented an investment group in a multi-forum litigation to recover over $15 million misappropriated by the promoters of investments in adult-care facilities.
- Defended a major manufacturer and distributor of ethnic food products in a dispute concerning the ownership of the company as well as the proceeds from the sale of a subsidiary. Obtained post-trial judgment dismissing the plaintiff’s claims, and the judgment was upheld on appeal.
- Defended an individual who was an owner and principal of a publishing company in an action involving, among other things, an unsettled issue of fraudulent conveyance law.
- Represented property owners in multiple actions where neighboring property owners claimed to have taken ownership of the clients’ land. These actions involved complex issues of adverse possession and easement laws.
- Conducted an internal investigation into a shareholder demand for the return of allegedly excessive compensation paid to executives of a Fortune 100 company over a six-year period.
- Represented the trustee of a family trust in surrogate’s court litigations relating to the administration of the trust, which owned a world-renowned art collection and associated art gallery.
- Defended majority shareholders of a major food distribution company in a dissolution proceeding brought by a minority shareholder.
- Represented a global broker and adviser for the energy and ocean transportation industries in an action to recover amounts lost as a result of a fraud conducted by a high-level executive at the company.
- Secured a pre-answer dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a printing broker alleged of fraud in an action by a publishing company.
- 2015-2016, “Rising Star” in New York, listed by Super Lawyers.
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.