Michael A. Kadlec
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5587||f. +1.215.231.0035|
Michael Kadlec concentrates his practice in all areas of employee benefits and executive compensation, including the design and drafting of retirement and welfare benefit plans; the employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions; public corporation executive compensation disclosures; the design and drafting of equity compensation arrangements; and the negotiation and drafting of employment and separation agreements.
Mr. Kadlec has experience representing various types of clients, including international publicly traded corporations, private equity funds, privately held entities, large tax-exempt organizations, and executives.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest multimedia conglomerates in all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation.
- Preparing executive compensation analysis and disclosure for the proxy disclosure statements of various publicly traded corporations.
- Representation of a defense contractor on all aspects of employee benefits, including the re-design and implementation of its pension plan and 401(k) plan.
- Representation of large nonprofit operators of hospitals and other health-related service providers in the design and drafting of their 403(b) plans and its defined benefit pension plans, and its integration of the employee benefits programs of newly acquired hospitals.
- Representation of one of the country’s largest wholesale distributors of plumbing and heating supplies in all aspects of employee benefits, including the conversion of its traditional defined benefit plan to a cash balance pension plan.
- Negotiation, design, and documentation of executive deferred compensation arrangements, including for purposes of compliance with Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code, for various public and private entities.
- Representation of private equity funds in connection with their acquisition of various portfolio companies with respect to all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, including the negotiation and design of employment agreements and equity-based compensation programs.
- Representation of senior management groups for purposes of negotiating employment agreements in connection with the sale of their employers.
- Representation of a national insurance brokerage in connection with the employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of its strategic acquisitions.
- Representation of plan sponsors in connection with the design, drafting, and on-going administration of employee stock ownership plans (“ESOPs”).
- Representation of planned sponsors in connection with the termination of defined benefit pension plans.
- Preparation and negotiation of determination letter and voluntary compliance program (“VCP”) applications for qualified retirement plans.
- Representation of employers before the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor with respect to the defense of non-compliance penalties pertaining to their qualified retirement plans.