Keith A. Rutherford
|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8636||f. +1.713.228.6605|
CHAIR, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE GROUP
Keith Rutherford concentrates his intellectual property practice on patent litigation, IP strategy, pre-litigation conflict resolution, licensing/deal negotiations, analysis of patent portfolios both for offensive and defensive purposes, opinion work, and prosecution management.
Mr. Rutherford brings years of outside law firm experience coupled with his extensive in-house legal experience to bear on solving clients’ problems. He has handled cases where the alleged sales base at risk exceeded a billion dollars, and explores cost-effective alternatives and early resolution of disputes for clients without the need for litigation.
He has negotiated numerous patent licenses and other IP-related agreements, as well as managed analyses of patent portfolios ranging from small to those containing thousands of patents. He works in a number of technology areas, with particular emphasis in the electronics, computing, software, Internet, telecommunications, high technology, VoIP, and oilfield industries.
- AV-Preeminent, by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Best Lawyer in America” for Intellectual Property, by IP Law and Business Magazine
- 2009–2014, “Super Lawyer” in IP Litigation, by Texas Super Lawyers
- 2008–2017, Litigation – Patent, and Intellectual Property; Patent Law; Copyright Law; and Trademark Law, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2013, “Top Rated Lawyer” in IP Law, by ALM
- 2016, Copyright Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Houston, by Best Lawyers®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.