Domingo Manuel LLagostera
|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8682||f. +1.713.228.6605|
Domingo M. LLagostera concentrates his practice on intellectual property procurement and protection, with a primary focus on patent litigation.
He has represented clients through all phases of patent litigation in federal court, including case preparation, discovery, depositions, expert preparation, claim construction, patent reexamination, motions practice, trial preparation, trial, and post-verdict motions. He represents a diverse group of clients in various industries, ranging from software and telecommunications to medical device, biotechnology, and oil and gas.
In addition to litigation, his practice includes intellectual property investigations, licensing, and patent and trademark prosecution.
Mr. LLagostera frequently writes on intellectual property matters and cases in leading industry publications, and has also been published on the topic of immigration reform.
- Representing a company in patent infringement actions filed against multiple large businesses in data storage technologies. (W.D. Tex.)
- Defending a company against claims of infringement for patents involving data storage technologies. (N.D. Cal.)
- Defending a medical device company against claims of infringement for patents involving medical lasers. (C.D. Cal.)
- Defending a software company against claims of infringement for patents involving optical disk technologies. (S.D. N.Y.)
- Represented a medical device company in defeating patent infringement claims; the panel rendered a decision of non-infringement. (Colorado Arbitration)
- Represented a local university in defeating a claim of inventorship; the trial court granted a motion to dismiss based on laches and equitable estoppel. (S.D. Tex.)
- Represented an oil and gas company in a patent infringement litigation; obtained a favorable settlement prior to trial. (E.D. Tex.)
- Represented an oil and gas company in a patent infringement litigation through trial; the trial court dismissed the case with prejudice following a jury verdict in light of attorney misconduct. (S.D. Tex.)
- Represented Somali refugees in war crimes action against a Somali general; the trial court entered a $20 million verdict against the general. (E.D. Va.)
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. LLagostera is actively involved in pro bono practice and was recognized for his work representing Somalian refugees in a federal war crimes action and for his representations of immigrants seeking asylum.