|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8669||f. +1.713.228.6605|
Lou Brucculeri concentrates his intellectual property practice on patent disputes and counseling in the electronics and software fields, with a particular focus on litigation, licensing, technology, agreements, and counseling regarding the strategic implementation of corporate patent programs and policies. He also performs patent prosecution and opinion drafting in the areas of his technical background.
Mr. Brucculeri previously served as a technical adviser to the Honorable Leonard Davis, U.S. District Judge, Tyler, Texas; the Honorable Judge David J. Folsom, U.S. District Judge, Texarkana and Marshall, Texas; the Honorable Rodney Gilstrap, U.S. District Judge, Marshall, Texas; the Honorable Harry F. Barnes, Senior U.S. District Judge Texarkana, Arkansas; the Honorable John Love, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Tyler, Texas; the Honorable Roy Payne, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Marshall, Texas; and the Honorable K. Nicole Mitchell, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Tyler, Texas.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Brucculeri is a member of the Houston Intellectual Property American Inn of Court Alumni. He is a member of the Houston Intellectual Property Law Association, previously serving as the association’s treasurer, secretary, and director. He also previously served as the IP section treasurer and secretary for the State Bar of Texas.
- 2014–2017, “IP Star,” listed in Managing IP (“MIP”) Magazine
- 2013 and 2017, IAM Patent 1000
- 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Patent; and Patent Law, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2013–2015, listed in Texas Super Lawyers, Business Edition
- 2007–2012, and 2014, Intellectual Property, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2005, “Rising Star,” listed in Texas Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.