Peter I. Tsoflias
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.2575||f. +1.202.379.9021|
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5575||f. +1.202.379.9021|
Peter I. Tsoflias focuses his practice on a wide variety of corporate, commercial, real estate, financing, creditor’s rights, and other business transactions. He represents and advises numerous business entity clients with regard to mergers, acquisitions, joint venture formations, reorganizations, project financings, private equity and venture capital transactions, state and federal regulatory compliance, creditor’s rights issues, and general corporate governance. He also advises clients on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and financing of commercial real estate.
Mr. Tsoflias has published several articles on corporate, commercial, and constitutional law issues, including a guide on Delaware’s residential landlord-tenant law.
Before joining Blank Rome, he was an associate at a Washington, D.C.- based Am Law 100 firm and a Wilmington, Delaware, firm, where his practice focused on representing and advising business entity and financial institution clients on various corporate, business, commercial, and structured finance transactions.
Previously, he served as the Wolcott Fellow to former Delaware Supreme Court Chief Justice Myron T. Steele. Since that time, Mr. Tsoflias and Former Chief Justice Steele authored several publications on various business and constitutional law issues.
Most recently, in the spring of 2015, he served as the campaign manager for the Vince Giusini for Judge campaign.
Pete served as the lead associate on several transactions, including the following:
- Acquisition and financing of a portfolio of companies that collectively produce thermal management systems and controls for the transportation and heavy equipment markets
- Divestiture of a portfolio of companies that manufacture products in the retail and commercial cabinet and hardware markets
- Acquisition and financing of a plastic manufacturer on behalf of a BDC client
- Acquisition and financing of a custom apparel company on behalf of a BDC client
- Acquisition and financing of a company that specializes in filing and preparing legal appeals documents in various state and federal courts
- Divestiture of a medical and industrial manufacturing company located in Pennsylvania
- Acquisition and financing of an event marketing and management company on behalf of a BDC client
- Acquisition and financing of a manufacturer of customized injection molded products on behalf of a BDC client
- Acquisition and financing of a designer and manufacturer of artwear apparel on behalf of a BDC client
- Acquisition of a commercial debt collection agency
- Financing the acquisition of over 50 medical office buildings in over 15 states on behalf of a large retail and commercial lender
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Tsoflias was a volunteer attorney with Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Inc. He served as internal managing editor of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, for Volume 38. Mr. Tsoflias founded the Transactional Law Honor Society at Delaware Law School. In 2015, the school honored Pete for creating the honor society by naming The Peter I. Tsoflias Award for Most Outstanding Member of the Transactional Law Honor Society after him. While in law school, he also served as a member of the Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society.
- Howard M. Berg Award, Widener University School of Law
- Russell R. Levin Memorial Award, Widener University School of Law
- Outstanding Service Award, Widener University School of Law
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.