Evan Jason Zucker
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5207||f. +1.917.591.2726|
Evan Zucker represents clients in all aspects of bankruptcy cases, including related complex litigation.
Mr. Zucker previously served as a law clerk to the Hon. Jerome Feller, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York.
During law school, he was the executive notes and comments editor for the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review and a co-director of the Annual Chief Judge Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
- In re Foreign Economic Industrial Bank Limited, “Vneshprombank” Ltd. (S.D.N.Y.) Counsel to Foreign Representative and Trustee of Vneshprombank in connection with a Chapter 15 case ancillary to a Russian Insolvency Proceeding.
- In re Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc., at al. (Bankr. W.D.N.C.) Representation of the creditors’ committee of gypsum manufacturer in channeling 14,000 asbestos related actions to a 524(g) trust and resolving in excess of $300 million in environmental liability.
- In re Motors Liquidation Company f/k/a General Motors Corp. (S.D.N.Y.) Representation of the GUC Trust (created pursuant to the Chapter 11 plan confirmed), in litigation against a number of hedge funds, seeking equitable subordination, disallowance of claims and other relief.
- In re Motors Liquidation Company f/k/a General Motors Corp. (S.D.N.Y.) Representation of the Avoidance Action Trust (created pursuant to the Chapter 11 plan confirmed), in the prosecution of a $1.5 billion avoidance action against lenders to a term loan.
- In re RDA Holdings (S.D.N.Y.) Representation of Direct Entertainment Media Group, Inc. (DEMG) as co-counsel in jointly administered Chapter 11 cases filed by RDA Holding Co., The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc., DEMG, and other affiliated debtors and debtors in possession.
- In re TLO, LLC (S.D. Fla.) Represented significant equity holders in connection with the successful recharacterization of approximately $30 million of debt as equity.
- In re Corporate Resource Services, Inc. (D. Del. & S.D.N.Y.) Represented an ad-hoc committee of unsecured creditors.
- In re Loehmann’s Holdings, Inc., et al. (S.D.N.Y.) Represented Law Debenture Trust Company of New York as the administrative agent and collateral agent under the second and third lien credit facilities.
- In re Noble Logistics, Inc. (Bankr. D. Del.) Counsel to debtor-in-possession lender and asset purchaser of certain of the debtor’s assets through a section 363 sale.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Zucker is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. Additionally, he is a member of the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association and American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review Alumni Association.
- 2014–2017, New York “Rising Star” in Bankruptcy, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.