Kyle P. Brinkman
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.3171||f. +1.202.420.2201|
Kyle Brinkman is an associate in Blank Rome's policyholder-only insurance coverage practice, formerly the insurance practice of Dickstein Shapiro LLP. Mr. Brinkman focuses his practice on representing corporate policyholders and other insured parties in insurance coverage disputes relating to mass tort liabilities, environmental liabilities, and government investigation and directors & officers liabilities.
He focuses on representing corporate policyholders and other insured parties in complex insurance coverage disputes. His clients have included regulated utilities, hospitality and entertainment industry companies, private equity firms, chemical, pharmaceutical, and other manufacturers, and individual directors and officers.
Mr. Brinkman’s work has included:
- trial preparation and motions practice relating to a regulated utility’s strict liability for environmental cleanup sites;
- summary judgment briefing on carriers’ duties to defend and indemnify clients for asbestos bodily injury, defamation, environmental liability, and lead paint public nuisance claims;
- preparation of and briefing for appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, and Sixth Circuits;
- complex discovery practice, drafting initial and responsive pleadings, and drafting and opposing jurisdictional motions;
- drafting coverage analyses for clients, including multiple clients targeted by state, federal, and foreign government regulators; and
- performing policy audits for clients in connection with policy renewals.
While in law school, he was on the Virginia Law Review.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Brinkman volunteers with the Duke Ellington High School for the Arts’ Student-Lawyer Round Table and Street Law projects.
- 2016–2017, “Rising Star” by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- 2015 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.