|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.420.4739||f. +1.202.420.2201|
Adam Proujansky has extensive experience in complex litigation, including the representation of plaintiffs and defendants in antitrust, fraud, conspiracy, RICO, defamation claims, and False Claims Act actions. Mr. Proujansky has successfully defended individuals and companies in agency and grand jury investigations, criminal proceedings, and appeals. These cases involved allegations of defense procurement fraud, insider trading, antitrust violations, violations of immigration laws, insurance fraud, foreign corrupt practices, mail and wire fraud, false statements to government investigators, and public corruption.
- Represented plaintiffs who opted out of a class action lawsuit brought on behalf of consumers of urethane chemicals alleging that they were the victims of a price-fixing conspiracy among manufacturers. Obtained a $400 million settlement, a far better result than they would have achieved had they remained in the class.
- Represented a Fortune 200 healthcare company in qui tam cases brought against it under federal and state statutes. All claims against the client were dismissed. Mr. Proujansky also secured a victory for the client on appeal before the First Circuit.
- Obtained dismissal of antitrust claims against one of the nation’s largest energy companies.
- Represented a Fortune Global 500 consulting company in a False Claims Act lawsuit alleging false statements, kickbacks, and anticompetitive activity. Obtained a favorable settlement of all claims.
- Obtained dismissal of RICO claim brought against partners in a major law firm.
- Achieved a favorable, mediated settlement of professional malpractice claim brought against an AmLaw 100 law firm.
- Secured dismissal of criminal charges in cases involving allegations of fraud and public corruption.
- Represented plaintiffs who brought securities fraud claims against a large, multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest accounting firms. Our client obtained a handsome settlement.
- Obtained appellate reversal of a federal conviction for insurance fraud.
- Obtained dismissal of civil RICO claims brought against a banking executive. Mr. Proujansky also secured a victory for the client on appeal before the Eleventh Circuit.