Susan B. Flohr
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.772.5870||f. +1.202.572.1407|
Susan Flohr concentrates her practice in the intellectual property field, including trademark, copyright, trade dress and unfair competition litigation, licensing, and counseling. Her experience includes:
- managing large U.S. and international trademark portfolios
- prosecuting trademark applications, ex parte and inter partes appeals in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, conducting opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- counseling on trademark availability and registrability, as well as trademark and copyright infringement and enforcement issues
- prosecuting and defending trademark and copyright infringement actions before the U.S. district courts and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- prosecuting domain name dispute resolution proceedings
- trademark licensing and other transactions involving trademarks, domain names, and copyrights
- Represents a national non-profit organization in various litigation matters as well as in U.S. and international trademark portfolio management.
- Represented a German automobile manufacturer in the defense of a major trademark infringement and dilution case in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Manages the U.S. trademark portfolio for a German automobile manufacturer and a Luxembourg automobile manufacturer.
- Represented a Luxembourg manufacturer of the world's fastest production automobile as the plaintiff in a trademark infringement and dilution action in the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts.
- Represented a German dental burs company in a declaratory judgment action for a non-infringement of trademark case in the Eastern District of Virginia; manages the company's U.S. trademark portfolio.
- Represented a Louisiana diving and underwater services company in a trademark infringement action in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Flohr serves on the Blank Rome LLP Partner Board, Finance Committee, and Women’s Steering Committee of the Women’s Forum.