Jose R. Riguera
|Fort Lauderdale, FL||v. +1.954.512.1836||f. +1.954.512.1787|
Jose Riguera has 25 years of experience handling a broad range of complex commercial and civil litigation matters before state and federal courts, as well as arbitration panels.
Mr. Riguera’s practice includes the representation of clients in cases including claims for breach of contract, negligence, fraud, interference with business relationships, and breach of confidentiality and non-competition agreements, as well as representation of creditors in bankruptcy court. He also focuses his practice on a variety of real estate-related disputes, including consumer finance, commercial landlord-tenant, and community association litigation. He has extensive jury and non-jury experience, and has also briefed and argued appeals before various state and federal courts.
Mr. Riguera is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Mediator.
Mr. Riguera is fluent in Spanish.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Riguera is a member of Phi Eta Sigma. He previously served for many years on the board of the Broward County Hispanic Bar Association and the Florida International University Alumni Association. He is a former chair of the Florida Bar’s Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “I” and is an active participant in the Florida Bar Justice Teaching Program.
- 2011-2016, “Top Lawyer” by South Florida Legal Guide
- 2004-2016, AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2007–2017, “Florida Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation, listed by Super Lawyers
- 2013, Revista Abogados, Abogados Destacados del Sur de la Florida
- 2008-2010, Florida Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition
- 2006-2007, 2009-2012, 2015, Florida Legal Elite
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.