Paul Messina, Jr.
|Tampa, FL||v. +1.813.255.2325||f. +1.813.221.7149|
Paul Messina, Jr. concentrates his practice on a variety of consumer finance litigation matters, including disputes arising under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA and FDCPA, state law UDAP claims, and a variety of common law claims.
Mr. Messina manages a portfolio of highly litigated appellate, federal, state and bankruptcy court cases focused in the areas of consumer banking, bankruptcy, finance, and real estate litigation, where he:
- Collaborates extensively with in-house counsel to develop and implement litigation, settlement, trial and appellate strategies in order to minimize risk and future exposure;
- Advises business units regarding a variety of business, statutory, regulatory and contractual issues;
- Drafts pleadings, discovery, briefs, memos, motions, contracts, deeds, settlement agreements, and other legal documents necessary to achieve favorable resolutions;
- Conducts legal research to obtain answers to complex issues of law or facts; and
- Handles bench trials, motion hearings, evidentiary hearings, and mediations.
During law school, Mr. Messina served as president of the Business Law Society, was a member of the Phi Delta Phi honors fraternity, and received the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Messina provides pro bono legal assistance in the family law clinic at the Bar Area Legal Services – Volunteer Lawyers Program.