|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3821||f. +1.424.239.3226|
Mark Kalisch has over thirty years experience as a litigator in California, primarily representing business interests.
He has been involved in all aspects of civil litigation ranging from unfair competition, theft of trade secrets, employment matters, complex banking and real estate disputes, representation of insureds, and defense of class actions. He has successfully prosecuted and defended major fraud, real estate, construction, and employment related matters, including obtaining jury verdicts in the millions of dollars. He has represented many entities throughout the UK and Europe in connection with disputes in North and South America, India, Australia, and the Far East.
For over fifteen years, Mr. Kalisch has acted as a Judge Pro Tem and settlement officer in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Court system, responsible for settling and mediating civil disputes. He has settled hundreds of cases as a Judge Pro Tem, mediator, and arbitrator. He is also frequently appointed by the Los Angeles Superior Court and Beverly Hills Bar Association to act as an arbitrator in commercial and contractual disputes.
In addition to being admitted to practice law in California, Mr. Kalisch is qualified as an English barrister at the Inns of Court School of Law in London and is a member of the Honourable Society of Gray's Inn.
Mr. Kalisch has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Represented numerous companies in the defense and prosecution of theft of trade secrets, solicitation of employees, and other unfair competition claims.
- Represented a developer in a major fraud and breach of contract matter.
- Represented a nationwide armored car company in an employment discrimination matter.
- Represented an employer in defense of class action wage and hour claims.
- Represented a design build operator specializing in the wastewater treatment industry in a construction dispute.
- Represented a music company in breach of contract and unfair competition claims.
- Represented insured and insurance companies in connection with multimillion dollar business claims.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Kalisch is a former director, vice-president, secretary, and legal counsel of the British-American Business Council, formerly known as the British-American Chamber of Commerce.