David G. Meyer
|Houston, TX||v. +1.713.632.8631||f. +1.713.228.6605|
David Meyer is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
David Meyer concentrates his practice in the areas of admiralty and maritime law and commercial litigation for clients in the maritime shipping and energy industries in matters that include:
- maritime casualties such as vessel collisions and allisions
- injury and wrongful death claims
- limitation of liability, arrest, and attachment actions
- cargo casualties on behalf of vessel owners, charterers, stevedores, cargo interests, and freight forwarders
- charter party and other complex contractual disputes
- bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring
- oil and hazardous materials spill incidents
- general commercial litigation in state and federal courts
Mr. Meyer also assists clients with responding to and investigating shipboard and other workplace accidents and incidents, including overseeing and ensuring compliance with U.S. Coast Guard, Texas General Land Office, Flag State, OSHA, and other regulatory agency requirements.
Mr. Meyer is also actively involved in pro bono work, including representing individual clients in various matters and participating in Saturday legal aid clinics through the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.