Christopher J. Petersen
|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3464||f. +1.424.239.3813|
Christopher Petersen is a member of the corporate litigation practice group, concentrating his practice in the areas of complex commercial and corporate litigation.
Mr. Petersen represents private and public entities in all phases of civil litigation, from the initial pleading stage through the strategic use of pretrial law and motion, discovery, and mediations, as well as trial proceedings and enforcement of judgments. He has participated in trials involving claims for breach of contract and fraud. He also has experience representing secured and unsecured creditors in all stages of Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
While receiving his juris doctor, Mr. Petersen was the managing editor of the Southwestern Law Review and a member of the Moot Court.
Mr. Petersen has been named a Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2012 through 2017, a distinction that honors the top 2.5 percent of lawyers age 40 or under, or who have been in practice less than 10 years.
Mr. Petersen is also an adjunct professor of law at Southwestern Law School where he teaches civil pretrial practice.
- Obtained judgment of foreclosure and order of sale in excess of US$ 10 million as trial counsel for City of West Covina in breach of contract and judicial foreclosure action against largest real estate developer in the city.
- Represented one of the largest creditors of a bankruptcy estate with a value in excess of US$ 40 million and obtained order converting case from one under Chapter 11 to one under Chapter 7.
- Obtained order amending a US$ 1 million judgment entered against an individual party to add a non-party individual based on alter ego theory.
- Managed collection, review and production of large e-discovery project in excess of 4 million files in response to subpoena issued by the SEC.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Petersen is a member of the Board of Directors of the West of Westwood Homeowners Association.
As part his pro bono efforts, Mr. Petersen has represented parents in all phases of the adoption process.
- 2012-2017, “Los Angeles Rising Star” in Business Litigation, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.