Daniel S. Hurtes
|Fort Lauderdale, FL||v. +1.954.512.1813||f. +1.954.512.1783|
Daniel Hurtes concentrates his practice in all aspects of consumer finance litigation. Mr. Hurtes regularly represents mortgage lenders and servicers in disputes under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA and FDCPA, state law UDAP claims, and a variety of common law claims. He is experienced with motion practice, oral argument, the discovery process, trial practice and post-trial work.
In addition to regularly representing financial institutions in consumer financial service matters, Mr. Hurtes’ experience also includes commercial, corporate and employment litigation.
While in law school, Mr. Hurtes was a member of the Nova Law Review.
- Fla. 5th DCA 2013 – Represented a financial institution in an appeal of a trial court’s factual findings at trial and obtained an order affirming the trial court’s entry of final judgment in favor of the financial institution.
- Fla. 3d DCA 2013 – Represented appellee. Obtained an order dismissing the appeal based on the appellant’s failure to comply with appellate procedures.
- Fla. 3d DCA 2015 – Represented a financial institution in an appeal of a trial court’s factual findings at trial and obtained an order affirming the trial court’s entry of final judgment in favor of the financial institution.
- U.S. Dist. Ct., M.D. Fla. – Represented a financial institution in a suit involving claims under the FDCPA and FCCPA and obtained an order of dismissal in favor of the financial institution.
- 11th Cir. 2016 – Represented appellee. Moved to dismiss an appeal for lack of jurisdiction on the grounds that the court lacked jurisdiction to review an order remanding the case back to state court based on lack of subject matter jurisdiction and a defect in the removal procedure. Motion to dismiss was granted and the appeal was dismissed.
- AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell
- 2016–2017, “Florida Rising Star” in Business Litigation, listed by Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.