Shaun J. Bockert
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5763||f. +1.215.832.5763|
Shaun J. Bockert concentrates his legal practice in intellectual property matters confronting companies and individuals in a variety of industries, with a special focus on software and technology licensing, copyright in the context of software and new technologies, advertising and marketing through new media, data aggregation and privacy issues, and business agreements and transactions for technology businesses. He counsels clients on matters relating to:
- software, copyright, patent, trademark, and other intellectual property and technology licenses and agreements, including development, data integration, hosting, and cloud-based services agreements, as well as related maintenance and support, service level, disaster recovery, and source code escrow agreements
- publishing, music, media, apparel, and entertainment agreements
- supply, manufacturing, fulfillment, and other sourcing and distribution agreements and commercial contracts
- marketing and advertising agreements, including related data collection, data supply, and security and privacy issues
- online sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, including rule preparation and liability releases
- copyright and digital content issues in the context of software, new media, and other technologies
- acquisition and sale of public and private entities with respect to intellectual property and other intangible assets
Before joining Blank Rome, Mr. Bockert served as a fellow in the intellectual property division of the Philadelphia Law Department.
- Drafted license agreement for prominent global apparel, footwear, and accessories business.
- Represented a multinational network security provider in the sale of a prominent security platform.
- Drafted and negotiated a license agreement with a global manufacturer covering patents and other intellectual property in the field of nanotechnology.
- Advised a multinational software and consumer electronics company on potential licensing and acquisition terms with third party products and platforms.
- Drafted memorandum on the treatment of cloud services under the Copyright Act to assist a large enterprise software provider with determining the appropriate tax treatment of various types of cloud services.
- Represented a large aftermarket auto parts supplier before the U.S. Copyright Office at a public roundtable on the application of copyright law in the context of software-enabled consumer products.