Gustine J. Pelagatti III
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5421||f. +1.215.832.5421|
Gus Pelagatti concentrates his practice in complex commercial and products liability litigation matters, serving both corporate and individual clients in business disputes in a variety of industries, including financial services, banking, real estate, insurance, retail, computer software and technology, mortgage services, medical products, and mass tort litigation. He also regularly represents banks, lenders and financial institutions in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters. He represents clients in the following types of matters:
- breach of contract
- tortious interference
- multi-jurisdictional litigation
- products liability
- equipment lease contracts
- insurance disputes
- real property disputes, including quiet title actions
- securitization and standing
- fraud, consumer fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and UDAP claims
- FDCPA, TILA, TCPA, UTPCPL, RESPA, and FCRA
Mr. Pelagatti has sat first chair for numerous cases in federal and state courts, including jury trials. In addition, he has been involved in numerous mediations, arbitrations, and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to limit clients’ expenses and exposure. He is experienced with motions practice, oral argument, the discovery process, trial practice and post-trial work. Mr. Pelagatti works closely with clients to achieve optimum economical results as efficiently as possible.
Commercial Litigation Experience:
- Represented a multinational corporation in a mass tort, multi-jurisdictional lawsuit involving merchant marines in the maritime industry.
- Successfully represented an Internet company concerning a lawsuit involving a marketing contract dispute.
- Successfully represented a software surveillance company in a dispute concerning equipment involving the casino gaming industry.
- Successfully represented a multinational medical device manufacturer in a matter concerning products liability litigation.
- Representing a professional entertainment company concerning a lawsuit involving equipment lease litigation.
Consumer Finance Litigation:
- Successfully first-chaired summary judgment hearing where a lienholder brought suit against servicer of junior mortgage concerning claims of negligence, slander of title, and conversion of a negotiable instrument.
- Successfully first chaired several trials involving residential consumer finance litigation on behalf of servicers/lenders.
- Obtained various dismissals via summary judgment and motions to dismiss on behalf of lenders and financial institutions in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters arising under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA and FDCPA, state law CLRA and Unfair Competition claims, and a variety of common law claims.
- Successfully represented various financial institutions regarding verdicts / judgments on appeal before the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Through Blank Rome LLP’s pro bono initiative, Mr. Pelagatti actively represents a variety of clients including senior citizens through the SeniorLAW Center Advanced Planning legal clinic, veterans through the National Veterans Legal Services Program, and local artists in collaboration with the Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. He is also active with the Ronald McDonald House organization.