Ann E. Querns
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5674||f. +1.215.832.5674|
Ann E. Querns focuses her practice on corporate litigation and white-collar defense matters. Ms. Querns counsels clients in a wide range of business issues arising in complex, commercial and corporate litigation, including, breach of contract, fraud, business torts, and antitrust issues. She also represents both corporations and individuals in criminal enforcement actions and internal corporate compliance investigations.
Ms. Querns served as a law clerk to the Honorable R. Barclay Surrick of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. While in law school she was a member of The George Washington University International Law Review and the Mock Trial Board. Ms. Querns also interned for the homicide division of the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C. and for the Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Represented publicly-held corporations in internal investigations involving whistle-blower allegations of fraud by employees and corporate officers.
- Defended a generic pharmaceutical company in a case involving alleged antitrust violations.
- Represented individual accused of fraudulently competing for government contracts.
- Represented global medical device company in multiple matters involving prosecuting violations of non-competition agreements, theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, fraud, and false advertising under the Lanham Act.
- Represented economists in their submission of an amicus brief to inform the Second Circuit of economic policies and principles relevant to an antitrust dispute involving “product hopping” by a brand name pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Pro Bono Work
- Secured a settlement from the City of Philadelphia for a state prisoner who brought claims against correctional officers for the violation of his civil rights.