Stanley B. Tarr
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6479||f. +1.302.428.5104|
Stanley Tarr concentrates his practice on bankruptcy and business reorganization matters. He represents debtors, creditors’ committees, hedge funds, institutional investors, asset purchasers, equipment lessors, and other interested parties across a wide range of industries, in connection with:
- Chapter 11 cases and reorganizations
- out-of-court workouts and corporate restructuring
- debtor-in-possession financing
- creditors’ rights and remedies
Chambers USA notes that sources praise Mr. Tarr’s “intellect and stamina” and deem him an “excellent lawyer.”
- Aéropostale Inc. as counsel to a member of the creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of teen apparel chain.
- Wet Seal LLC as counsel to a member of the creditors’ committee in the 2015 Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of teen apparel retailer.
- Performance Sports Group as counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of manufacturer of Bauer Hockey, Easton Baseball, and other performance sports equipment and apparel, in conjunction with parallel cross border CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Aventine Renewable Energy Holdings, Inc. as co-counsel to informal committee of noteholders in the Chapter 11 of a renewable energy company.
- Centaur, LLC as counsel to the creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of a gaming business.
- Friendly Ice Cream Corporation as co-counsel to creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of a full-service restaurant chain and ice cream manufacturer.
- Indianapolis Downs, LLC as counsel to an ad hoc second lien committee in the Chapter 11 of a gaming business.
- The Majestic Star Casino, LLC as co-counsel to the creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of a gaming business.
- Marco Polo Seatrade as counsel to creditors’ committee in Chapter 11 of a shipping line.
- NewPage Corporation as co-counsel to second lien group in Chapter 11 of coated paper manufacturer.
- Perkins & Marie Callender’s, Inc. as counsel to entities consisting of secured and unsecured noteholders in the Chapter 11 of family-dining and casual-dining restaurants.
- The SCO Group, Inc. as counsel to the Chapter 11 trustee responsible for restructuring debtor in computer operating system and software business.
- Visteon Corporation as co-counsel to ad hoc committee of noteholders in the Chapter 11 of auto supplier.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Tarr coaches baseball, basketball and lacrosse for the Unionville Recreation Association and coaches football for the Kennett-Unionville Titans. He has also coached soccer for the YMCA of the Brandywine Valley.
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring Law, listed in Chambers USA
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.