|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5369||f. +1.215.832.5369|
Rosemary McKenna concentrates her practice in labor and employment litigation and counseling and commercial litigation. Ms. McKenna provides legal counsel to clients on a wide range of business issues arising in employment disputes and complex corporate and commercial litigation, including:
- litigation on behalf of employers involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, wage claims, and restrictive covenants in federal and state courts, and administrative agencies when applicable
- employment policies and practices
- employment and separation agreements
- misappropriation and protection of trade secrets, enforcement of restrictive covenants, unfair competition, and corporate raiding
- commercial contract disputes
- intellectual property
- software and technology
While in law school, Ms. McKenna served as Research Editor of the Temple Law Review and was a teaching assistant in the Legal Research and Writing Program. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Gene E.K. Pratter, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as well as the Honorable Sandra Mazer Moss of the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County.
Ms. McKenna serves as a member of the Firm’s Philadelphia Attorney Recruiting Committee.
- Successfully represented global medical device company in prosecuting multiple matters involving FDA-regulated medical devices, corporate raiding, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, unfair competition, anticompetitive conduct, fraud, false advertising under the Lanham Act, and antitrust, including appellate litigation.
- Successfully prosecuted trade secret claim and obtained permanent injunctive and other relief against a custom software developer for improper use of financial services company’s intellectual property
- Helped defeat a $170 million software trade secrets lawsuit in state court, and then secured a global settlement that achieved intellectual property protections for our client after more than 4 years of litigation in state and federal court
- Secured $50,000 arbitration award for a pro bono client in a real estate dispute involving fraud and other tortious conduct by the real estate agent
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. McKenna was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor in 2010, 2011, and 2013 for her work on behalf of indigent clients.