David C. Kistler
|Princeton, NJ||v. +1.609.750.2643||f. +1.609.897.7291|
David Kistler, a partner in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group and co-chair of its class action team, focuses his practice on class action defense, patent litigation, business torts, contract disputes, chancery litigation, and appellate litigation. He also serves on the firm-wide pro bono committee.
Chambers USA recognizes Mr. Kistler as an “up & coming” leader in litigation. Chambers notes that Mr. Kistler “is building a reputation as a go-to commercial attorney within the state.” A “rising star at Blank Rome,” sources describe Mr. Kistler as “developing a fine reputation in the market for class action defense work and strengths in appellate matters” and praise his “great strategic skills.”
| Sources say that 'he has great strategic skills' and is 'developing a fine reputation in the market for class action defense work and strengths in appellate matters'.
Mr. Kistler was also recognized as one of New Jersey’s “New Leaders of the Bar” by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2013, which identified 50 attorneys having “potent combinations of youthful exuberance and formidable accomplishment” who “are emblematic of a new wave of leadership in the New Jersey legal profession.”
Mr. Kistler has been appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to its Committee on Character and has served on this Committee for the past seven years. He was also recently appointed to serve as a Trustee of the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey. Mr. Kistler frequently lectures and writes for several continuing legal education entities and bar associations on class action and general commercial litigation issues.
Mr. Kistler began his legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable Ronald J. Hedges in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also interned in the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office.
Class Action Litigation
- Publicly-traded global hospitality and travel company and a prominent global restaurant chain in putative consumer fraud class action lawsuit regarding the omission of drink prices from menus.
- Publicly-traded global manufacturing company in putative nationwide class action alleging multi-decade fraud on litigants and courts in asbestos litigations across the country.
- Generic pharmaceutical company in putative nationwide average wholesale price class action.
- Private equity companies in putative consumer fraud class action lawsuit regarding the disclosure of regulation changes that impacted a career college.
- Publicly-traded internet video, display, and mobile advertising company and its individual directors and officers in putative securities class action in which the plaintiffs/shareholders sought to enjoin a merger based upon purported disclosure inadequacies and other valuation-related issues with the merger.
- National chain of professional tanning salons in putative nationwide consumer fraud class action lawsuit.
- International food company in several putative consumer fraud class action lawsuits.
- Real estate investment, development and management company in defending a putative class action complaint arising under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, Truth-In-Renting Act and Civil Rights Act.
- NFL team and its head coach in putative class action lawsuit arising out of the “Spygate” Investigation.
- Real estate investment, development and management company in defending a putative class action complaint arising out of a residential lease agreement provision.
- Lead defense counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman litigation involving a generic version of palonosetron (ALOXI®).
- Lead defense counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman litigation involving a generic version of lurasidone (LATUDA®).
- Lead defense counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman litigation involving a generic version of pemetrexed (ALIMTA®).
- Defense co-counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman litigation involving a generic version of aripiprazole (ABILIFY®).
Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- National home builder in several actions involving issues of consumer fraud, legal and engineering malpractice and copyright law.
- Prominent Republican White House Advisor in defending ethics complaint relating to pay-to-play and other New Jersey regulations.
- Publicly traded credit/debit card processing company in simultaneous multi-jurisdictional litigation involving claims of, among other things, breach of contract, tortious interference with contractual and prospective business relationships, and patent infringement.
- The Robertson Family in a donor intent lawsuit against Princeton University arising out of the use of the $900 million Robertson Endowment in the New Jersey Chancery Division.
- Manufacturer of nutritional and weight loss supplements in defending claims of trademark infringement and false advertising.
- Family-owned manufacturer of timepieces and related merchandise and several publicly traded retail companies in defending claims of trademark infringement brought by individual holding the intellectual property rights relating to the cartoon character Felix the Cat.
- Prominent New York residential real estate company in defending breach of contract claims brought by former broker and prosecuting counterclaims for tortious interference with contract against former broker and his new company.
- Oil company franchisor in defending unfair competition, antitrust and “bad faith” claims by franchisee based on “unfair” pricing.
- Publicly-traded company in defending claims of tortious conduct and unfair competition designed to drive a competitor out of business.
- 2013, New Jersey’s “New Leaders of the Bar,” listed in New Jersey Law Journal
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.