Joshua L. Strober
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5491||f. +1.215.832.5491|
Joshua Strober concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, securities and general corporate matters, including:
- public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions;
- private equity funds and their portfolio companies;
- venture capital funding transactions;
- public and private securities offerings and other financings;
- securities regulation compliance and corporate governance matters; and
- a variety of general business matters, including business formation and planning, commercial agreements, executive compensation and equity compensation arrangements
Mr. Strober serves as a member of the Firm’s Philadelphia Attorney Recruiting Committee and as a member of the Firm’s Philadelphia Pro Bono Coordinating Committee.
- Divestiture of a for-profit postsecondary educational institution on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Recapitalization of an international for-profit private school for pre-K-12th grades on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Acquisitions of energy related companies (electrical power systems and energy development and efficiency projects) on behalf of a power generation systems company.
- Acquisition of a consulting firm providing revenue cycle assessment, strategy and optimization assistance for healthcare providers as part of a management led buyout.
- Venture capital transaction on behalf of a company that is developing a healthcare application and documentation system.
- Acquisitions of automotive supply distributors and retailers on behalf of a private equity firm and its portfolio company.
- Sale of a cold storage provider and transportation company to a private equity firm.
- Divestiture of a mobile VPN company on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Acquisition of a permitted coal washing plant on behalf of an integrated producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steels and tubular products and a public company.
- Acquisition of the leading contractor of milled-in rumble strips on roads and highways on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Divestiture of a wireless technology company on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Acquisition of an outsourced business services company on behalf of a private equity firm.
- Recapitalization of a Korean-based private equity fund on behalf of a Chinese healthcare company.
- Sale of an enterprise logistics and maintenance solutions company to a private equity firm.
- Venture capital transaction on behalf of a venture capital firm related to its investment in a provider of accounts receivable automation solutions for small businesses.
- Acquisitions of community banks on behalf of a public company in the banking industry.
- Acquisitions of companies in the wire and cable industry on behalf of a public company in the industrial electrical equipment industry.
- Acquisitions of companies in the social services industry on behalf of the nation’s leading nonemergency transportation management solutions company and a public company.
- Acquisitions of companies in the software and technology industry on behalf of a Fortune 500 software company.
- Representation of a private equity firm in the formation of and transfer of assets to a new private equity fund.
- Representation of underwriters, issuers and purchasers in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt instruments.
- Early stage capital transactions on behalf of companies and investors in various industries.
- Served as “outside general counsel” to a number of emerging and middle market companies in various industries including consumer products, media, supply and distribution, supply chain management, life sciences and technology.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Strober is Vice President of the Board of the Alumni Association of The Pennington School, an independent coeducational private school for grades 6-12.