Gregory F. Vizza
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5702||f. +1.215.832.5702|
Gregory Vizza concentrates his practice on business restructuring, bankruptcy and financial services. He works with a diversity of clients, including banks, commercial finance companies and other institutional lenders, along with private equity firms and publicly and privately held companies. Additionally, Mr. Vizza represents creditors' committees, debtors-in-possession, secured and unsecured creditors, liquidating trustees, asset purchasers and lenders in various bankruptcy and restructuring matters. He also represents financial institutions and regulated entities in consumer loan disputes involving the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and related claims in federal bankruptcy and district courts, as well as state courts.
Mr. Vizza serves clients in a wide range of areas including:
- restructuring, reorganizations and workouts
- asset-based financing
- secured transactions and creditors’ rights
- asset sales
- plan negotiations
- bankruptcy and consumer mortgage litigation
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Vizza served as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas M. Golden, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. While in law school, Mr. Vizza served as a judicial intern in the Chambers of United States Magistrate Judge Timothy R. Rice. Mr. Vizza also was a staff member of the Temple Law Review, and a student member of the Temple American Inn of Court.
- Representation of a construction and infrastructure company in connection with a $130 million syndicated term loan and revolving credit facility
- Counsel to the creditors’ committee of a green energy developer and manufacturer of flywheel technology for electricity grid operation
- Representation of private equity firm in connection with its acquisition, recapitalization and financing of a global provider of proprietary testing, certification and software products to the food and agriculture industries
- Representation of national bank, as agent and lender, in a $38 million debtor-in-possession financing and 363 sale
- Representation of national bank, as agent and lender, in a $24.6 million revolving credit facility and $4.6 million term loan to finance real estate and working capital needs of distributor of seeds, plants and gardening supplies
- Representation of commercial landlord in various bankruptcy disputes concerning 363 sales, rent obligations and assignment/rejection of leases
- Representation of national healthcare finance company in the establishment and administration of numerous credit facilities collateralized by healthcare receivables and real estate
- Successful defense of several national mortgage lenders in a variety of consumer finance and predatory lending cases
- Counsel to the creditors’ committee of an Appalachian coal enterprise
- Representation of a leading provider of crane rentals and related services in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting a refinancing of its second-lien term loan credit facility
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Vizza is a member of the Board of Trustees of LaSalle Academy, an independent, non-Archdiocesan elementary school located in North Philadelphia, for children in grades 3 through 8 whose potential is limited by financial, social, academic, or emotional challenges, and whose parents desire, but cannot afford, a Catholic education.
- 2015–2017, “Pennsylvania Rising Star” in Environmental, listed in Super Lawyers®
- 2015–2017, “New Jersey Rising Star” in Environmental, listed in Super Lawyers®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.