Kevin M. Passerini
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5466||f. +1.215.832.5466|
Kevin Passerini is a member of the Corporate Litigation Practice Group, providing legal counsel to clients in a wide range of business issues arising in complex, commercial and corporate litigation, and dispute resolution, including
- Antitrust, unfair competition, and suits between competitors
- Misappropriation and protection of trade secrets, corporate raiding, and enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Internal and post-acquisition business disputes involving publicly-held and privately-held companies
- Civil suits arising under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
- Class actions
In law school, Mr. Passerini served as Note and Comment Editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce and interned at the Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, where he focused on matters arising under the False Claims Act and the Federal Tort Claims Act. In college, Mr. Passerini's studies focused on biology and chemistry, including research to which he contributed that was published in the American Journal of Botany.
- Regional healthcare corporation in antitrust litigation pertaining to pharmaceutical patents and the Hatch Waxman Act, including appellate litigation.
- Global medical device company in multiple matters involving FDA-regulated medical devices, corporate raiding, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, unfair competition, anticompetitive conduct, fraud, false advertising under the Lanham Act, and antitrust, including appellate litigation.
- Global chemical company in litigation concerning a competitor's efforts to enforce restrictive covenants, including appellate litigation.
- Regional healthcare insurer and its officers and directors in a RICO class action, including appellate litigation.
- Founder and corporate executive of publicly-traded, global fashion and apparel company in derivative action alleging breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, and unjust enrichment.
- Founder, corporate executive, and director of closely-held regional food distributor in business divorce involving breach of fiduciary duty and oppression.
- Previously-acquired government contractor and its former officers in a post-acquisition RICO, breach of contract, and trademark infringement action brought by the acquiring company, including alleged violations of the ITAR and the AECA and investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of State and the DDTC.
- Publicly-held defense contractor in a post-acquisition fraud lawsuit against the former officers and directors of an acquired company.
- Former railroad company in class action litigation involving thousands of miles of former rail corridor.
- Global chemical manufacturer in multi-district environmental pollution and product liability litigation concerning water contamination.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Passerini was honored by the Louisiana Supreme Court for pro bono legal services he provided to citizens of New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricanes Katrina and Rita. He currently serves on the Board of Councilors for the Historical Society of Pennsylvania and several of its Committees and Subcommittees, as well as serving as the Chair of the Young Friends Board. He also authors articles regarding trade secrets for The Legal Intelligencer and frequently serves as a panelist at CLE programs on the topics of trade secrets and ethical issues.